Dr. Drew's Infrequent Blog

12 June 2006

Watada in The Nation

For those of you still following the Lt. Watada story, I just wanted to pass on a good article from the Nation.

The Honolulu Advertiser's editorial finally came out on Sunday. It was OK, but was dwarfed by an opposing viewpoint that was featured on the cover and with illustrations.

Almost no source has reported that the Army apparently arrested him on the 8 June for speaking out against the war (Source: http://www.thankyoult.org/. According to the homepage: "An official investigation into his public speech in opposition to the illegal war in Iraq is underway."

3 Comment(s):

  • I recently saw a blog video on him. The editorialist tried to make it seem as if Watada had planned it from the start. It was sad to see people who can't accept that he is making a principled stand, and resort to character assassination.

    By Blogger Dr. Drew, at Tuesday, June 13, 2006 12:05:00 AM  

  • Hi Dr. Drew...thank you...I liked your comment on my blog, I speak english, and I am taking some lessons in French..so, you like jewish people...I am in love with such interesting form to see life. My text to graduation is about this, about this people and Freud, Moreno..so do you have msn? So we can talk about this! Kisses Adriana

    By Blogger Tellingshortstories, at Monday, June 19, 2006 8:58:00 AM  

  • Gracias, Adriana. Even with my last name, I am not so crazy about Freud, but love Jewish lit, especially Scliar and other Latin American writers who combine the history with fantastic realism.

    Going back to Lt. Watada, some of you might want to check out his video message:

    http://www.thankyoult.org/mmedia/msg-13jun06.html

    By Blogger Dr. Drew, at Wednesday, June 21, 2006 8:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home