Dr. Drew's Infrequent Blog

20 November 2005

New Jazz Club in Hawaii!!

Hey jazz fans, I am pleased to give a good report on the new (and still only full-time!) jazz bar in town. It is called Jazz Minds Cafeand is located at 1661 Kapi'olani Blvd., here in Honolulu, Hawaii. You can check out the calendar at the above link, and also photos of the place here. I went tonight for the first time. DeShannon Higa was playing with a nice, relaxed straight-ahead jazz band. The audience was the best I've ever seen in Hawaii. They applauded after good deserving solos, and really grooved on the music. The club's phone is 945-0800.

Many months ago I met the club's owner, Young Hae Yi. She explained her dream to open up such a jazz club, so it was very exciting to see it in reality. I hope that it will get enough business to become a Honolulu institution. It really is a nice place, and Honolulu needed such a hangout.

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home