Dr. Drew's Infrequent Blog

02 July 2006

More War News (Kerry-Feingold/ Watada/ Hamdan)

I received an e-mailer from Senator John Kerry, on his “Kerry-Feingold proposal to redeploy American combat troops out of Iraq by July 1, 2007. Thirteen Senators voted for it,” including:

Sen. Daniel Akaka (D-HI)
Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-CA), co-sponsor
Sen. Richard Durbin (D-IL)
Sen. Tom Harkin (D-IA)
Sen. Daniel Inouye (D-HI)
Sen. James Jeffords (I-VT)
Sen. Edward Kennedy (D-MA)
Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ)
Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-VT), co-sponsor
Sen. Robert Menendez (D-NJ)
Sen. Ron Wyden (D-OR)

I was very proud of Hawaii to see our two US Senators on the list. If you agree with me on this war, you might send our officials an e-mail in praise of their courageous stand.

Lt. Watada's Parents

I was in still in Lincoln on 27 June, but have been so busy that I did not contact local Nebraskans for Peace (NFP) to see if they were doing anything to support the National Day of Action to Stand Up with Lt. Watada. It seems like a success in other areas – even though the numbers seem so small. By the way, NFP produces a fine Cat Lovers Against the Bomb calendar each year. I haven't checked with our feline roommates about their “nookleyar” policies. Perhaps they would have to sleep on the question. ^^

In other national news, I was pleased by the Supreme Court’s Hamdan decision. It was interesting that they ruled against a ruling made by the new justice—Bush appointee John Roberts. It gave me some hope that we still have some checks and balances left despite all of Bush's numerous ideological judicial appointees.

Have a happy 4th!

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home