Dr. Drew's Infrequent Blog

04 June 2006

Another Weekend

We've been mostly working this week. As such, we missed the First Friday tour of galleries, and a few concerts.

Dog @ Lanikai Beach 4

We did check out Lanikai Beach (near Kailua) as part of our scouting out places for my sister. I see why people say it is so beautiful. Neither of us are really "beach people" though.

My sister will visit in a few weeks. She now wants to go to a Luau. Does anyone have any good suggestions? I've only been to one which was so touristy that I felt uncomfortable. Thanks in advance for any tips!

On Saturday night we caught the new Korean action thriller Typhoon. SPOILER AHEAD: The special effects were well done, but the plot seemed a bit lacking (although I do fear such stockpiles of nuclear waste) and quite nationalistic. Noriko and I had a fun conversation after watching it.

OK, Back to work...

2 Comment(s):

  • Despite having lived here my entire life, I'm not a "beach person" either. I have never even been to a luau!

    I saw the little write-up on Teaching Mikadoism in the Honolulu Advertiser today. Congrats! :-)

    By Blogger Marie, at Sunday, June 04, 2006 4:23:00 PM  

  • Yes, we were quite excited this morning. Thanks Marie!

    Good luck with the schlepping and all! Boston and Austin here you come!

    By Blogger Dr. Drew, at Sunday, June 04, 2006 10:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home