Dr. Drew's Infrequent Blog

29 April 2006

The New Minneapolis Public Library

I am still miffed by my hometown (suburban Minneapolis) Hennepin County Public Library's firing of national library leader Sanford "Sandy" Berman. He was an early mentor to me when I was an undergraduate student thinking about becoming a librarian.

The city library downtown in Minneapolis though has something to celebrate. My friend Rae passed on a link of a Christian Science Monitor article about its new building, which will open in May. You can also check out the Library's "MPL Sneak Peak." They are trying to make the library more of a community center. As they used to say, Right on!

Here in Hawaii, Manoa Public Library received legislative support for an expansion study. I keep hearing good news about this on the Friends of Manoa Public Library.

OK, back to grading...

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home