Dr. Drew's Infrequent Blog

26 April 2006

Beta Phi Mu Xi Chapter 2006 Initiation Ceremony

Except for 4 alumni (whom I need to check e-mail addresses) I am pleased to say the e-mails have finally gone out to current students and LIS alumni from summer and fall 2005 who qualify for Beta Phi Mu. Please be sure to check your old UH e-mail account.

For those invited (and former/ renewing members), our Xi Chapter 2006 Initiation Ceremony (for students graduating in Summer and Fall 2005 and Spring 2006) will take place on Sunday, 21 May 2006, at 3:00 p.m. at the fourth floor conference room in the Queen Lili'uokalani Center for Student Services on the Manoa campus. This year's program will be followed by refreshments and music by guitarist Shoji Ledward.

Please check out the Beta Phi Mu homepage for details. Please RSVP by 10 May 2006, to Suzanne Uratani with a cc to me.

I am grateful to our board members this year, but am always amazed how much time it takes to put this on. I never would have dreamed that someday I'd be helping to run an honor society. I still have mixed feelings about grades; however, I think Beta Phi Mu has great potential, so I am happy to be part of the team. It will be good to see some folks in May.

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home