Dr. Drew's Infrequent Blog

03 July 2006

Pete Seeger

I am not the biggest fan of folk music (especially banjo!), but when I was young, I was influenced by my father's old Pete Seeger LPs. Seeger is 87 now, but is still active. He was featured on Monday's Democracy Now. You can download the 1-hour program.

When I was in college or high school I heard Seeger and Arlo Guthrie in concert. That was a fun gig. Seeger told great stories and shared his political vision and love of humanity.

Moving and cleaning has been the theme of the week, but this was a very nice interlude.

1 Comment(s):

  • *mock shock & gasp* How can you not like the banjo?!? I like it, but how can one make a sound argument for the banjo?

    Oh well... Make Love, Not War! Thanks for the link!

    By Blogger Marie, at Tuesday, July 04, 2006 4:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home