Dr. Drew's Infrequent Blog

11 August 2006

Happy B-Day PC

The BBC had a brief photo gallery to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the PC. I remember my family's first computer. It was an Atari. We later "upgraded" with a tape drive memory. My more well-off and high-tech friends had commodore vic 20s. It is amazing how small our networks were compared to the net today. Just think about how much has changed in these years?

2 Comment(s):

  • Hahaha. I remember my brother had a Commodore! He was such a computer nerd... Still is!! haha. When I was about 7 or 8 years old, he showed me how his computer could play music. He tinkered with some buttons and out came the "Canon in D"! I remember the screen showed a green box with a green line (sort of like those machines in the hospital that prove your heart is beating), and the line would wiggle with each note...

    Whoa - I was sooo amazed back then!!! haha! Thanks for the memory!

    By Blogger Marie, at Friday, August 11, 2006 6:13:00 AM  

  • Yes, these great computers could play such fine music, not to mention table tennis.

    ..............>>>

    And I haven't even begun to reveal stories from my TRS-80 summer workshop or Computer Summer Camp.

    By Blogger Dr. Drew, at Monday, August 14, 2006 11:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home