War Update: The Cost/ Watada/ Protest/ Iran
Nobody likes it when someone rants about anything, but I really can't stay quiet about this war. People are dying (Iraqi and American).
I just wanted to pass on a few links/ items about our war in Iraq:
- Did you read the report that the war is costing the typical family of four $20,000?! That could have been a lot of school lunches, New Orleans homes, or money in our pocket. No wonder the dollar is tanking.
- I was pleased that U.S. District Court Judge Benjamin Settle issued a preliminary injunction against Lt. Ehren Watada's court martial trial. Lt. Watada is a hero in my book for having the moral courage to resist this war.
- If you have a chance, check out Bill Moyer's journal on "Taking it to the Streets". It is an interesting account of antiwar protest, especially when you consider that he was working for the Kennedy and Johnson administrations during the Vietnam War.
- With all of these problems, it is even more amazing how Bush keeps trying to inch us closer to war with Iran. I hope that I am wrong, but it seems just like a repeat of his strategy to have us invade Iraq.
- One way to stop this would be to join the Progressive Democrats of Hawaii in their effort to Impeach Bush and Cheney.